What’s On The Menu? Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Boneless chicken, cubed, ½ kg
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 1 red/yellow bell pepper (optional)
- 1 onion sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- Cumin seeds, as required
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or garlic cloves finely chopped)
- 2 cups milk
- Penne Pasta (boiled and cooled, 400 g)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
1) In a large pot, heat oil on high flame. Add chicken cubes, cook for 6 minutes till it changes colour to white. Remove chicken from pot and store aside.
2) Add the bell peppers and onions to the same pot, cook it till the onion becomes translucent. Add chicken cubes back.
3) Add all the dry spices to the pot – salt, pepper, paprika, red chili, cumin and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds on medium flame, making sure the chicken cubes are coated thoroughly with the spice.
4) Pour in milk, gradually stirring. Add boiled penne pasta and cook until a thick sauce is obtained which thoroughly coats the pasta.
5) Top with grated cheese and mix gently until it melts.