Kick-start Your Day With This Refreshingly Fruity Breakfast
Here's your wake up call!
Ditch the morning lattes and kick-start your day with this refreshingly fruity breakfast suggestion– a luscious combination of natural yoghurt, passion fruit, clementines and crunchy granola.
PASSION FRUIT, CLEMENTINE, GRANOLA AND CHIA SEED LAYERS
(Serves 4 preparation time 10 minutes cooking time 10-12 minutes)
• 2 clementines
• 4 passion fruit
• 4 tsp chia seeds
• 450ml/16fl oz Yeo Valley 0% fat natural yoghurt For the granola topping
• 100g/4oz rolled oats
• 45g/13⁄4oz mixed seeds and nuts (for example, 1 tbsp each linseeds, sunflower seeds and flaked almonds)
• 4 tsp runny honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4.
2. Start by making the topping. In a bowl, mix together the oats, seeds, nuts and honey. Spread over a non-stick baking tray and roast in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Once everything is nicely browned all over, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, peel the clementines, separate the segments and remove any white pith. Cut the passion fruit in half, scoop out the seeds and set aside in a bowl until required.
4. Cut the clementine segments in half and divide 2/3 of them between 4 tall glasses. Top with 1 spoonful of the passion fruit seeds and a sprinkling of the cooled granola, followed by a generous pinch of chia seeds.
5. Add a generous dollop of yoghurt then repeat with the remaining clementine segments, passion fruit seeds and granola. Add a final dollop of yoghurt then sprinkle with the remaining chia seeds.
Fresh from the valley
The Yeo valley range includes yoghurt, milk, butter, cream and fruit compote. the Mead family has been farming in Somerset since the 1400s and Yeo valley has grown from a smallholding with just 30 cows into a leading organic dairy brand.
For more recipes and information, visit yeovalley.co.uk.