A power and protein packed salad on-the-go
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
A satisfying protein packed salad that packs a punch! With its quick prep time, it’s perfect for on-the-go professionals who are trying to eat clean and stay powered throughout the day! The base of this salad consists of roasted broccoli, sweet potatoes and chickpeas with a creamy garlic dill sauce.
• 1 large sweet potato
• 1 head broccoli – torn/chopped
• 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
• Pinch of salt and pepper each
• 1 15- ounce can chickpeas – drained, rinsed and dried
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon tandoori masala spice
• 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
Garlic Dill Sauce
• 1/3 cup hummus
• 3 cloves of minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon dried or 2 teaspoon fresh dill
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• Water depending on the consistency (your call!)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Add the dried chickpeas to a mixing bowl and season (oil, spice, sugar and salt) – Toss so they combine properly.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and chickpeas to one sheet, broccoli to the other. Drizzle all the vegetables with the oil and sprinkle salt and pepper – toss to combine them well. And arrange in a single layer.
4. Bake both for 20 minutes. You can flip the potatoes half way to ensure even baking, depending. When done broccoli should be golden brown, sweet potatoes will be tender and chickpeas will firm up. Set aside.
5. While the vegetables bake, prepare the dressing – hummus, garlic, dill and lemon juice will be whisked in a mixing bowl. Add water accordingly, just enough that it pours easily. Set aside.
6. To serve, divide vegetables and chickpeas between two plates and drizzle with dressing.
7. While this is best when fresh, it is also great for leftovers! Enjoy them slightly chilled.