Bake at Home: Carrot Cake
The recipe I’m sharing here is, therefore, easier than a lot of other recipes which have been tried and tested!
- 1 cup baking flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 3 -4 finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Take a bowl and combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, carrots, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, stir in the eggs and oil and whisk until bubbly.
- Add the bubbled mixture into the dried contents and beat until the batter is flowy. (Make sure the batter is denser than the normal cake batter though!)
- Line a 9″ baking pan with butter or oil and spread the batter evenly in the pan. Once done, put the cake in to be baked until golden brown! (which is approximately after 40 mins!)
** Insert a toothpick after 30 mins to check if the cake has been cooked through!