Easy Savoury Crepes
• All purpose flour 63 gm
• Milk 93 ml
• Water 32 ml
• Salt 1 gm
• Turmeric 1tsp
• Corn oil 1tsp
• Egg 1
Chicken and Potato Stuffing
• Mince chicken 100 gm
• Boiled potato 100 gm
• Onion chopped 50 gm
• Chili powder 10 gm
• Turmeric powder 10 gm
• Tomato chopped 50 gm
• Cooking oil 50 ml
For the Batter
• Whisk together the flour, eggs, a half cup milk, water, salt, turmeric and oil in a large bowl. Continue whisking until you have a smooth batter. Add the remaining cup of milk and stir well to combine. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to chill the batter for at least 30 minutes or several hours.
For the Filling
• Mix together the minced chicken and boiled potato in a bowl. Heat oil in pan and sauté onions for 1 minute, add spices and tomatoes and sauté for 30 seconds. Add chicken mince and boiled potato and cook until chicken is well cooked.
For the Crepe
• Heat a 9-inch non-stick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Melt a teaspoon of butter in the pan or spray with vegetable spray and heat the pan
until a drop of water ‘dances’ across the surface.
• Using a ladle or a measuring cup with a lip, pour about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the batter into the pan. Hold the pan with one hand and pour the batter
in with the other. Swirl the pan while pouring so that the batter covers the pan thinly and evenly for each crepe. Pour off any excess batter. Try not to
leave any holes. After the first few crepes you will know exactly how much batter your pan will hold.
• Cook the crepe over medium-high heat until the edges turn brown, about 15 seconds. Flip the crepe using a small spatula and your fingers. Cook
on the second side for another 10 to 15 seconds. The second side will not be as evenly browned as the first side. Remove the pan from the heat and invert it over a warm plate to stack the crepes. Keep warm until ready to use. Continue making crepes with remaining batter, adjusting the heat as needed.
• Top crepes with filling. Fold in half. Cover with either melted cheese or sautéd mushrooms or a sauce of your choice if required. Enjoy!
Keep up to date with H! Pakistan and Grazia Pakistan, subscribe now!