FOOD EID DOUGHNUTS
She's Certified Pastry Chef from Le Cordon Bleu , Thailand and is the brains behind ' Mint To Be ' , her cake and dessert brand
As we get ready to celebrate the special occasion of Eid, I am sharing a delicious recipe perfect for your Eid table. Whether you're cooking for your family or hosting a big celebration, these doughnuts are sure to impress your guests and make your Eid celebration even more special and sweet. So, let's get cooking and make this Eid extra special and memorable with these fancy doughnuts!
• 1 cup whole milk (lukewarm)
• 1 tbsp active dry yeast
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 6 tbsp melted and cooled butter
• 1 tsp vanilla
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• ½ tsp salt
• 4 cups flour
• Oil for deep frying
• 2 cups icing sugar
• 1/3 cup cream
• ½ tsp vanilla
• 3-4 types of food colour
• Baby macarons, edible flowers and sprinkles for
Method For Cake:
• For the dough, whisk warm milk, yeast, and sugar together in the bowl. Cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
• Once the mixture is a little frothy on top, add the eggs, butter, vanilla, nutmeg, salt, and 2 cups flour. Using a hook attachment, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Add remaining flour and beat on medium speed until the dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, about 2
minutes. If needed, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
• Keep the dough in the mixer and beat for an additional 2 minutes or knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 2 minutes.
• Lightly grease a large bowl with oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise in a relatively warm environment for 1.5-2 hours.
• When the dough is double in size, punch it down to release the air. Remove dough from the bowl and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is 1/2 inch thick. Using a 3-3.5-inch doughnut cutter, cut into 12 doughnuts.
• Line a couple of baking sheets with baking paper and place doughnuts on them. Loosely cover and allow to rest while the oil heats up for frying.They will rise a bit as they rest.
• Add 2-3 doughnuts at a time and cook for 1 minute on each side. Carefully remove with a metal spatula. Place fried doughnuts onto a cookie rack. Repeat with remaining doughnuts.
• For the glaze, whisk all of the ingredients together. Add tiny drops of different coloured food colours on the surface of the glaze and twirl a toothpick through to make a pattern. Dip each warm doughnut into the glaze and place back onto the rack as excess glaze drips down.
• Add your choice of decorations on top. I have used baby macarons, edible pansy flowers, sprinkles and edible lustre dust.
• Once the glaze and decorations are set, arrange them on a nice platter for your Eid spread and enjoy the sweet Eid with your loved ones.