When Life Gives You Lemons Make The Most Of It! Seven Benefits Of Loving Lemons
- Keeps you hydrated. Adding lemon juice to plain water, or cutting a few slices into a liter jug of water will give you the necessary hydration after Iftar. Drink throughout the evening.
- Lemons are a source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C has multiple benefits, it’s an antioxidant and can help prevent the common cold. In the times of Covid-19, it is recommended all the more to keep your immunity on track.
- Can support weight loss. Some research tells us that this is a possibility. However, regular people themselves, who have warm water and lemon regularly, say that it makes them lose weight. One thing is clear, lemons boost the metabolism which can lead to weight loss.
- Lemon water can help in digestion. The high acidic content in lemons can help digestion, rather than harm it. It can slow down the digestive process, giving you more time to absorb nutrients. A slow absorption rate helps you regulate blood sugar.
- Lemons can aid a great detox. Lemon juice and lemon peel can aid the liver to flush out toxins from the system. Lemon peel can stimulate your liver enzymes, help get rid of waste and help in a good bowel movement.
- Lemon and rosewater is a great astringent. Skin health is also helped with lemon juice. Combine a little bit of fresh lemon juice with a tablespoon or so of rosewater and dab it on your face with soft cotton wool buds. The perfect toner.
- Lemon and warm water can give a great boost of energy in the morning. It can calm early morning hunger pangs, aid in the morning bowel movement, and be the perfect pick me up you need to be alert in the morning. This should be your daily go-to morning liquid.